Thursday, January 12, 2006

Off to the land of curries and pekoras! Namaste South Asia!

top photo: A farewell dinner (ok, mostly for Tuya before her return to Kyrgyzstan) at Indique...
Bottom photo: Tara and Beau say adios!
While Em and Trev said farewell to family and friends with a farewell bash to end all farewell bashes, complete with keg-stands and civil disturbances, my farewell gathering was a relative tea party, but surrounded by my good DC friends and a cameo from none other than La Chilena mas 'chill' and old school friend, Tara Hayes, who could ask for more?... Ok, off to the sub-continent, first stop, New Delhi for the first South Asian Teacher Training Project Winter Workshop 2006. I'm very excited to see my teacher friends from last summer, recall the good times, meet their families, and get to see their cultures and countries up close. I have a feeling I'll experience a lot of India 'up close.' We'll arrive Saturday at 1am, then whammo, India will hit me like a sonic boom! what to do first? probably sleep... then wander through the sea of humanity out on the streets, savoring the sights and sounds and scents, all in the grand pursuit of finding a bar that will air the Seahawks playoff game! ok, maybe it's a longshot in New Delhi, but ya gotta believe, it's the Sea-flea's year! Alright, more from India!